11
Jun

In the mind of a MCCer

Written on June 11, 2012 by jrodriguez in News

Saskia Schupp comes from Germany. After several years of working in marketing in the automobile industry, she decided it was time to come back to school. She chose the MCC at IE because the program would add value and boost her career. Saskia, has been been in the program for 8 months and is now beginning the final stage, shares her thoughts.

1. In your opinion, what are the most important takeaways from the first two semesters?

Whereas the first semester of the MCC aimed to establish common understanding of basics, the second term focused much more on specifics and offered opportunities to deep dive.

In light of the group’s diversity in terms of backgrounds, experience and cultures—I believe this is a very powerful concept particularly for students like me, coming from business, until then fairly unfamiliar with basic communication concepts such as agenda setting, framing and priming. To pin down only one main take away from two intense and highly informative terms is hard, as I believe to have learned a great deal. Yet, I suggest that it is the importance of thoroughly defining the target audience, their wants and needs, when crafting powerful communication strategies, campaigns and messages: a mentality recurring in every MCC course.

2. What are your first impressions about the field project so far?

So far my experience has been very positive. Together with my team I am developing a communication strategy for Europe’s leading fashion e-sales event platform. The project’s task is exciting, challenging and above all real. Until now, the relations with our client have been exemplary. She continuously offered support and access to important information. The weekly meetings with our coaches help to stay focused and provide guidance when needed. Everybody in the team is very motivated and shows real dedication to work hard. I believe the final project is a great opportunity for all of us to gain an insight on consulting as well as the industry of our client, respectively.

3. How are you applying what you have learned in the previous semesters in this first stage of the field project?

Since day one we have often referred back to courses, concepts and models from class. Our project is primarily tied to issues connected with brand management, strategic marketing, advertising, internal & external communication and naturally communication consulting. During the last couple of days we have been conducting primary research (focus groups and in-depth interviews), which preparation heavily relied on our training in research methods for communication audits. Additionally, everybody adds valuable perspectives and concepts from former projects and studies.

4. What is your opinion about developing an academic project for a real brand, in other words, mixing both worlds, academic and professional?

I think it’s fantastic. Last weekend I started reading „The Learning Curve,“ by IE Business School Dean Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño. He explores the issue of academia and professional world compatibility. I agree with his viewpoint that both belong together and need each other. Academia provides methodology, structure, answers to phenomena in a closed, conditioned environment, while Agora (the professional world) offers a reality check to all that.

5. What would you say to a person who is considering applying for MCC? 

Do it, but be ready to work hard and be pushed out of your comfort zone.

visit the following website page April 1, 2013 - 4:01 am

visit the following website page…

In the mind of a MCCer | Life at IE School of Communication – Blog…

click the following website April 6, 2013 - 4:13 pm

click the following website…

www.kiwibox.com November 2, 2013 - 5:26 am

When you shop for life insurance and financial planning leads car insurance 9 years no claims
with this technique. Worst thing is that you save about 40% in taxes.
It added that insurers could be car insurance
9 years no claims paying out as much as £40000.

Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot about this,
such as you wrote the ebook in it or something.

I feel that you simply can do with some p.c. to drive the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is excellent blog.
A great read. I will definitely be back.

Harris May 21, 2015 - 10:44 pm

With the quantity of danger on these oil rigs, firms aren’t about to send out untrained staff.

Los plátanos alivian los síntomas de la colitis y asisten a fomentar
el proceso de curación.