19
Nov

IE Weekend – The Weekend In RevIEw

Written on November 19, 2015 by jnelson in News

A day after the completion of my second IE Weekend experience, I wake up before the sunrise to sink my nose into some tasks with alarmingly close due dates. Stopping to reflect on the fact that just last November I was awestruck with the prospects of attending IE and living in Madrid, it would be an understatement to say that I am a bit mind-blown to have the opportunity to actually reflect in this way. This affordance of a perspective that allows me to compare perspectives and views on all that is the IE Experience from both sides of the glass is truly valuable in that connecting with those participating in the IE Weekend this past Friday and Saturday did not in any way feel like a task, or an active practice. In reality, I felt very much like an attendee, transposing my year-old experience into the fresh, novel experiences of this year’s IE Weekenders. Fully immersed within my new capacity and role as a current IE student, oddly enough the weekend evoked strikingly similar sentiments in comparison to last year. Sure, this is the second year in a row that I have sat through Professor Andrew McCarthy’s creativity workshop (3rd time in 12 months to be honest), but it felt as captivating and novel as the first time I stepped foot into IE. Last year I was a prospective, aspiring student, and now I am a full-time and fully active member of the IE community—so how could the core of this event feel so analogous to last year?

That’s when it started to make sense – the essence is in the experience. Although I may be in a different position, things appear as clearly as ever. Maybe I am biased, as the paella competition was rather life-changing in my opinion, but the IE Weekend experiences seem to be pushing forth from an already high standard of representing what the IE Experience purports to be. I am just glad that I have 9 months left to experience it!

Until next time,

Jonny Nelson

Enjoying the IE Weekend with fellow IE fellow, Suzanne Kiss

Enjoying the IE Weekend with IE fellow, Suzanne Kiszivath

20151118150737-2

Comida saludable paraniños November 20, 2015 - 11:36 am

Comida saludable paraniñosEn esta oportunidad, nos es grato darles una cálida bienvenida y permitirme trasmitir lo agradable que es dar inicio a este blog de comidas-saludable.

Mortgage in Turkey November 25, 2015 - 5:36 am

Mortgage in TurkeyFind best Property for sale in Turkey, Mortgage realestate news in turkey at AntalyaVariantcom. Real estate in Antalya, antalya Emlak, Gayrimenkul Antalya, Yatırım emlak.

do my online course for me December 22, 2015 - 6:05 am

Are there any Seth GS Medical College students or alumni that can do my online course for me for me? I am struggling with it and am not getting a lot of help from tutors.

Joel Dusag January 21, 2016 - 10:02 am

i need some help about school or online lessons about information technology. is there anybody out there who can help me? if someone is interested, please leave me a message in my website. thank you http://numbertracer.org

glass fencing gold coast April 7, 2016 - 8:18 am

glass fencing gold coast
http://allglassandaluminiumfencing.com.au/
Welcome to all glass and Aluminium Fencing, we offer and install glass pool fencing, aluminium fencing, gates and more visit us and call today to organise your free quote.